|Big Stick Fly Fishing Forum Rules|
|The following rules list the most serious violations:
1. No Hacking - This should go without saying, but you are not permitted to hack the board. Guessing someone else's password and succeeding counts as hacking. Members who hack will instantly be permanently banned without any warnings.
2. No Discrimination, - You may not insult members based on their religion, race, sex, political beliefs, or whether they are gay or straight. This is worse than flaming, because it also hurts other members of the board who fall into the category you insult. BIG STICK FLY FISHING is a place where everyone is equal, and discrimination will NOT be tolerated!
3. No Bullying - Do not pick on other members. The worst kind of bullying is where new members are picked on. This hurts the member as well as the board.
4. No Flaming - Flaming harms the nice atmosphere of BIG STICK FLY FISHING. It also causes thread's to go off topic, and most importantly, it hurts the person being flamed. The victim may defend themselves against any accusations made to them, but may not make any additional accusations to the flamer (which also counts as flaming).
5. No Profanity or Obscene Content - Such content does not belong on BIG STICK FLY FISHING. A censor system is in place as a backup. If you see words in your post being replaced with ****, you have done something wrong. Please edit your post and tone it down before your timer runs out. To edit a post, click the "Edit" button right below it. Cheating the censor system is against the rules.
6. Advertising - You are not permitted to post business URL's on BIG STICK FLY FISHING unless you are a Business Member, if you wish to become a business member please click here. You are not allowed to use the member list to obtain Instant Messaging screen names to harass people to purchase a product from you.
7. No Illegal Activity - You are not allowed to break the law using BIG STICK FLY FISHING. This can get BIG STICK FLY FISHING into legal trouble. Posting links to roms is illegal, so this counts as a violation of this rule.
8. No Double Posting or Spamming - You may not post more than once in a row in the same thread. Posting lots of times in a row reduces the quality of the board, is a waste of the board's memory, and provides the culprit with ill earned post count points. Double posts will be merged into regular posts, and you will lose 10 post counts for each of the posts excluding the first one. Your post count can be changed to a negative number if necessary. The only exception to this rule is if your edit timer (24 hours) for the post has run out, in which case you may double post if you have something important to add. Spamming is also not allowed, and is defined as a post that has no meaning.
9. No Topic Bumping - If a topic you created has no replies, you may not post again in it (although you may edit the post if the timer has not run out). If you made the thread because you need help with something, you may post again as long as you include additional information about your problem (the fact that you really want it fixed does not count as additional information). You must post this in the same thread, and you are not allowed to create more than one thread per topic.
10. Posting Personal Info - If you post your last name, or your street address on BIG STICK FLY FISHING this information then becomes accessible to anyone.
11. No Threatening to Leave the Board - Due to past experiences on the board, I have had to add this rule. You may not make posts threatening to leave the board. This causes flaming to occur. Because of what a problem this is, I cannot issue a warning for violations. Anyone responding poorly to these threads will also be muted.
If you break one of these rules, the following penalties will apply (first time, second time, third time...) with the exception of breaking the rule "No Hacking" which immediately results in a permanent ban:
1. Warning - Depending on how serious a violation is, you may be issued a warning first
2. Muting - Muting for 10 days
3. Temporary ban - People who cause more problems after being muted for 10 days will be banned for a month, and for 2 months for the next offense.
4. Permanent ban - At this point, it is obvious that will never learn your lesson, thus, a permanent ban is necessary to be rid of the problems you cause.